As of February 1st, 2016, National Team Testing erg score submissions (for selection camp considerations) should be sent to the following coaches for camp consideration.
Juniors – Steve Hargis – email@example.com
Under 23 Men – Luke McGee – firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 23 Lightweight Men – Cam Kiosoglous – email@example.com
Under 23 Women – Laurel Korholz – firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Women – Laurel Korholz – email@example.com
Senior Men – Luke McGee – firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Lightweight Men – Cam Kiosoglous – email@example.com
Para – Tom Darling – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the current selection procedures to determine which boat classes are determined through selection camp. Athletes interested in participating in a boat class selected through Trials should look at the USRowing National Team Calendar of Events for selection event dates.
Below is a list of opportunities for athletes interested in pursuing the National Team.
Junior National Team (age 18 and under) Opportunities:
- 2016 Junior World Championship Team (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Junior National Team High Performance/World Development Camps (Sweep/Scull) held in various locations in the United States. Please check our 2016 camp schedule for details, when available.
- Junior National Team Development Camps (Sweep/Scull) held in various locations in the United States. Please check our 2016 camp schedule for details, when available.
Under 23 National Team Opportunities:
- 2016 Under 23 World Championship Team (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Pre-Elite Development Camps (dates, locations TBD)
- Freshman Development Camps (dates, locations TBD)
Senior National Team Opportunities:
- 2016 Olympic Games (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- 2016 Senior Non-Olympic World Championship Team (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Summer Pre-Elite and Development Camps (Sweep/Scull) held in various locations in the United States. Please check our 2016 camp schedule for details, when available.
- Princeton Training Center Residency (Princeton, N.J.)
- United States Olympic Committee Athlete Support program
Para-Rowing National Team Opportunities:
- 2016 Paralympic Games (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- 2016 Para Team Selection Camp (dates, location TBD)
- 2016 Development and Identification Camps: Invitation Only with erg score and coaches recommendation. Send recommendation letters to Tom Darling (for TA prospects) at email@example.com and Ellen Minzner (for LTA4+ prospects) at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tests for the month of: ||Test Deadline: ||Sr. Men, Sr. Lightweight Men ||Sr. Women, Sr. Lightweight Women ||Junior Men ||Junior Women ||Para |
|November '15 ||11/30/15 ||2k or 6k ||2k or 6k |
|2k or 6k |
|2k or 20 min ||20 min |
|December '15 ||12/31/15 ||2k or 6k |
|2k or 6k |
|2k or 6k |
|2k or 20 min |
|20 min |
|January '16 ||1/31/16 ||2k or 6k |
|2k or 6k |
|2k or 6k |
|2k or 20 min |
|20 min or 1k |
Time standards are to assist participants in determining competitiveness for national team programs.
A minimum of one 6k (20-minute for junior women) and one 2k are required for consideration for national team programs outlined above. All erg scores submitted for National Team consideration must be done on a static erg (not sliders).
|Senior Men ||6000m ||2000m |
|Elite ||19:15 or less || 5:56 or less |
|Development / Under 23 ||19:30 or less || 6:02 or less |
|Senior Women ||6000m ||2000m |
|Elite ||21:30 or less ||6:45 or less |
|Development ||22:30 or less ||6:55 or less |
|Lightweight Men |
|FISA Max = 72.5kg |
|FISA Avg = 70 kg |
|Lightweight Men Elite ||6000m ||2000m |
| FISA AVG || 20:05.0 || 6:18.0 |
| FISA MAX || 19:55.0 || 6:14.0 |
| FISA MAX + 3% || 19:45.0 || 6:10.0 |
|Lightweight Women |
|FISA Max = 59 kg |
|FISA Avg = 57 kg |
|Lightweight Women Elite ||6000m ||2000m |
|FISA AVG ||23:00.0 ||7:15.0 |
|FISA MAX ||22:45.0 ||7:10.0 |
|FISA MAX + 3% ||22:30.0 ||7:05.0 |
|Lightweight Men Under 23 ||6000m ||2000m |
|FISA AVG ||20:15.0 ||6:22.0 |
|FISA MAX ||20:05.0 ||6:18.0 |
|FISA MAX + 3% ||19:55.0 ||6:14.0 |
|Lightweight Women Under 23 ||6000m ||2000m |
|FISA AVG ||23:15.0 ||7:20.0 |
|FISA MAX ||23:00.0 ||7:15.0 |
|FISA MAX + 3% ||22:45.0 ||7:10.0 |
|Junior Men (Under 18) ||6000m ||2000m |
|Gold Medal Standard ||20:00.0 or less ||6:10.0 or less |
|Elite Junior ||20:28.0 or less ||6:20.0 or less |
|Development Junior ||21:36.0 or less ||6:35.0 or less |
|Junior Women (Under 18) ||2000m |
| Gold Medal Standard || 7:05.0 or less |
| Elite Junior || 7:15.0 or less |
| Development Junior || 7:32.0 or less |
|Adaptive AS-M ||20 minute ||1000m |
|Elite || 2:23 split or less || 4:20.0 or less |
|Development || 2:38 split or less || 4:40.0 or less |
|Adaptive AS-W ||20 minute ||1000m |
|Elite ||2:47 split or less ||5:20.0 or less |
|Development ||3:08 split or less ||5:50.0 or less |
|Adaptive TA-M ||20 minute ||1000m |
|Elite ||2:13 split or less ||3:50.0 or less |
|Development ||2:23 split or less ||4:15.0 or less |
|Adaptive TA-W ||20 minute ||1000m |
|Elite ||2:26 split or less ||4:20.0 or less |
|Development ||2:42 split or less ||4:50.0 or less |
|Adaptive LTA-M ||20 minute ||1000m |
|Elite ||1:51 split or less ||3:16.0 or less |
|Development ||2:05 split or less ||3:31.0 or less |
|Adaptive LTA-W ||20 minute ||1000m |
|Elite ||1:58 split or less ||3:41.0 or less |
|Development ||2:13 split or less ||4:01.0 or less |
For all 1k, 2k and 6k tests, you must submit a time. For adaptive and junior women 20-minute tests, please submit the average split. For 1’ watt tests, please submit the average watts.
Lightweights are encouraged to test at FISA maximum weight.
- FISA Max for Men: 72.5 kg (approximately 159.8 lbs)
- FISA Max for Women: 59 kg (approximately 130.0 lbs)
There is no lightweight category for junior (under age 18) athletes.
Classifications for Adaptive Rowing: AS-M, AS-W, TA-M, TA-W, LTA-M, or LTA-W. If you are unsure of your classification or have not been classified before, please read the FISA classification guidelines at http://www.worldrowing.com/medias/docs/media_354738.pdf.
Junior National Team Letter of Recommendation
Submitting a letter of recommendation is suggested, but not required, to be considered for the junior national team.
Letters of recommendation for junior men can be mailed to Kevin MacDermott, Trinity College, Ferris Athletic Center, Hartford, CT 06106, or electronically to email@example.com.
Letters of recommendation for junior women can be mailed to USRowing attn. Liz Trond, 2 Wall Street, NJ 08540, or electronically (preferable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior National Team Coxswains
Coxswains interested in participating in summer national team, pre-elite and development camp programs may submit a coxing resume and/or recordings to Laura Simon. Instructions can be found at http://www.usrowingjrs.org/coxswains.html.
Athletes are encouraged to participate in Concept2 satellite-qualifying events for the C.R.A.S.H.-B. Sprints. Please visit www.crash-b.org.