Approved 2016 Olympic Selection Procedures:
Athlete Selection Procedure - Updated 1/18/2016. Note the red line change on pg. 4
Coaches Selection Procedure
Team Leader Selection Procedure
Additional Officials Selection Procedure - Approved as amended 3/21/2016
All Olympic Hopefuls (athletes and coaches) should check the 2016 Olympic Hopeful Fact Sheet frequently for updates.
For selection events the General Trials Rules and the Adverse Weather Conditions Policy will be followed. Please note the US-FISA Rule Differences
NSR I will follow the 6-Lane Progression
Olympic Trials I and II (if necessary) will follow the 4-Lane Progression
Senior & Para Non-Olympic and Under 23 National Team Selection Procedures
- Updated 6/22/16 Update for 2016 from FISA:
In accordance with Rule 36 in the FISA Rule Book, the lightweight men’s eight shall be removed from the programme of the 2016 World Rowing Senior, Under 23 and Junior Championships in Rotterdam this coming August. The provisional programme is being updated to reflect this situation. 2015
Please note that all athletes interested in National Team Selection must become Selection Eligible by completing the ECG and Pre-Competition Health Screening Requirement. Deadlines are as early as April 3rd.
Please click HERE for more information.
2015 Senior World Championships Selection Procedures -- Updated April 8th, 2015
Please note changes to Eligibility Requirements, Appendices A- General Trials Rules, and C - 6-Lane Progression System.
- Eligibility Requirements - Updated to reflect USRowing’s ECG and Pre Health screening policy
- General Trials Rules - updated to reflect Comments and Exceptions to FISA Rules
- 6-Lane Progression - updated to mirror 4-Lane Progression and the Time Trials misadventure policy. In events with 19+ entries, only 16 will advance to heats.
2015 World Cup Petition Procedure
2015 Pan American Games Selection Procedures -- Amended April 14, 2015 - Appendices updated
Noted Changes to 2015 Senior Selection Procedure
In December 2014, the USRowing Board passed revisions to the USRowing Rules of Racing in regard to USRowing Trials Rules Article VI that is meant to allow a more FISA influenced basis for the rules of racing.
The document below outlines comments and exceptions that will be used at NSRs and US Trials events regarding FISA Rules of Racing, and was approved by the HPC on April 6, 2015.
These rules do not change how selection to the team takes place as it is stated in the 2015 Selection Procedures.
If you have questions, please contact:
Curtis Jordan - USRowing High Performance Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Imes - USRowing High Performance Manager - email@example.com
US-FISA Rule Differences March 2015
2014 Senior Selection Procedures
Changes made from proposed draft include:
- Clarification of Non-priority events.
- Change and clarification of events for NSR I.
- Clarification of events being run at NSR I and II and how it relates to World Cups or selection camps.
- Added wording to the appeal process in Appendix A (4-lane progression system).
2014 World Cup Petition Procedure
2013 Senior Selection Procedures-- Approved by the HPC 12/22/12, Appendix A Updated 6/24/13
National Team Selection Event On-Site Due Process -- Updated April 17, 2013
Letter from Curtis Jordan, High Performance Director regarding National Team program priorities, funding and support for 2013-2016
2013 DAS and EAHI -- Updated 12/3/12, Approved by the HPC Dec 22, 2012
2013 World Cup Petition Procedure
2012 Non-Olympic Senior World Championships Selection Procedures (Updated 1/5/12, Final version pending HPC review)
Procedure for Participation in World Cup Regattas 2012
2012 Olympic Selection Procedures (Approved by the USOC Chief Executive Officer on 4/9/12)
2012 Olympic Staff Selection Procedures (Approved by the USOC Chief Executive Officer on 4/9/12)
Procedure for Participation in World Cup Regattas 2011
2011 Senior Team World Championships Selection Procedures
- 2011 Senior Team World Championships Selection Procedures (Approved by the HPC February 7, 2011) Changes to note:
- Best two out of three final has been changed to a single final only
- Race for lanes: At trials, where no time trial is run, there will be an automatic race for lanes in events that would be final only
- Dates have been updated. Note change for NSR 1, Senior Trials and World Cups
2011 Pan American Games Selection Procedures *UPDATED 7/12/11 with NEW DATE: August 15-18, 2011
Comment Period Regarding Changes to the Two-Out-of-Three Finals Progression at USRowing Senior Trials (Comments will be open until January 5, 2011 at 5 p.m. EST. Please send comments to Matt Imes, USRowing High Performance Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
2011 Selection Procedures Changes (Open comment period until 5 p.m. EST November 30, 2010)
2011 Pan American Games Additional Officials Selection Procedures
2011 Pan American Games Coach Selection Procedures
2011 Pan American Games Team Leader Selection Procedures